Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello! I am Salek! I am a 22 year old woman in constant battle with myself to eat healthier, exercise, and all the while stay environmentally conscious! What better way to keep myself in check than to have a blog on said topics? There are soooo many blogs out in Internet land like mine but I am going to try and keep you folks as entertained as possible in my own endeavors. Of course, I will be plugging blogs I thoroughly enjoy on a daily basis.

I have been sitting here with a cup of tea and nom-ming on a pack of blueberries for the last half hour trying to decide on what topic I could begin writing on first. As much as I dread talking about it, I will begin discussing my health first.

I am overweight. Discouraging no? ALAS! Do not click the back button yet! Let me explain myself first. I have Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. I was diagnosed in 2007 after eight years of heavy and sporatic periods. Apparently, my issues with weight loss has been effected by my PCOS. I was rather happy that I could have a bit of an explaination behind my difficulty losing weight but it was no excuse to not exercise or eat healthy!

Last year in February I had an epiphany after watching my brother graduate from Boot Camp in the Navy; I want to be recognized for my valor and my willingness to protect my country and its people just the same as my brother. I also plan on joining the military.

While I still have the military as one of my biggest goals to date, I decided to attend the Police Academy after I graduated College for that extra experience. My Police Academy test was last Saturday. I passed my 300 meter dash, sit ups, bench press, but failed my mile and a half. I was devastated but I know that my next test is two months from now. I will not fail again.

From my brother's graduation, I had stayed very disciplined with eating healthy and exercising every day. I actually lost thirty pound in a course of seven months and than October 2009 came around. I was still in school and I worked in food service. I lived and breathed my job because of the impending holidays. Since I spent most of my days in my restaurant and my school, I gained almost all of my weight back. I am at 200 lbs as of today.

So where exactly does this lead me? I gained all of my weight back, I failed my Police Academy test, I'm sore, tired and hungry as hell. I guess I'll just have to keep you posted as I discover that for myself.

I may fail but I always get back up and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment