Thursday, January 19, 2012

We need to stop meeting like this...

You know, blogging is fun. I adore it a lot, but the last two years of attempting to blog has proven to not be very successful whatsoever. Since my last post, I moved out of that God forsaken apartment. (Didn't last long, the party animal made me want to punch things...mostly her, but I'm better than that.) graduated the police academy, got married two weeks later, and moved three days after that. Phew! Can you say BUSY? My entire year of 2011 consisted of working, the police academy and planning my wedding. I'm so glad that's done and over with. I've honestly needed a vacation for quite sometime now.

So right now, I'm a housewife. I LOVE IT. If I didn't have a desire for being out on the streets and wanting to help people, I would happily stay a housewife for the rest of my time on God's green earth. During my time staying home, I've learned a few things about myself:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."


  • The Good Lord's plans are perfect, no matter the circumstances you may go through. He put me through many trials over the last year and a half, and I have become a stronger Christian woman because of it. I will never doubt my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
  • I am incredibly blessed with the people that have entered and have left my life- They have all molded and shaped me into the person I am, and will become.
  • I love my kitchen. It is my haven. I love to cook food for my husband, stock up my pantry, and find awesome new recipes to try out. Don't love my oven though.
  • I absolutely hate doing laundry. - I need to find myself a system with doing laundry because there just seems to be an endless pile of clothes, and for only two people, it gets pretty ridiculous!
  • I love learning about, and practicing frugality - Cheap is good! Free is better! :D With one income coming in, we need to learn to handle our money better. Any idea that I may procure during my adventures in blog land, will most likely wind up as a post.
  • I prefer the woods and no neighbors- Being stuck out in the Pittsburgh area calls for one crabby Salek.
  • I'm a total night owl. I'm pretty sure working night shift won't bother me at all. Dear Husband (D.H.) doesn't seem to understand.
  • I'm craving a garden - Yep, totally posting progress pictures on my container garden. I live in an apartment, and I have a huge porch to grow fruits and vegetables on. Excited to start!
Just a few random thoughts about what I've learned about myself the last four months as a housewife. I think things are going quite well. My D.H. is my best friend, and I love that I married him. <3 I look forward to a long and healthy marriage with my noob.

Oooo, homemaking ideas just keep popping up in my head. I think it's time to call it a day and get breakfast on the table for my husband. I'll write down ideas for this blog while we eat. God bless anyone who happens to find this blog. Look forward to all comments and ideas thrown my way! :)
Salek

No comments:

Post a Comment